From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting external power supply to NI 9205 to allow voltages outside nominal input range

I am currently working on building a new DAQ system for running various tests, which include supplying power to DC motors. I would like to have an input that can read the voltage/current from an external variable power supply and send the same signal out back to the motor. However, the voltage range of the ADC module (NI 9205) we have is +/- 10 V, and I need to be able to set the power supply to up to 18 V for our larger motors. I have been working off of a DAQ that is already set up that does this, but whoever built it did not route the wires in a way that is particularly easy to follow. Would someone be able to assist me in properly wiring my hardware? Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,949 Views)

Hi, are you sure there isn't a voltage divider in there somewhere? It sounds strange that it should be possible to read a voltage that much higher than the maximum.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,921 Views)