cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting PCIe-6363 to BNC-2090A

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I have been using the PCIe-6363 for quite some time. It has 4 total analog output (AO) channels, but I have only needed to access 2 of them so far. It has been connected to a BNC-2110 terminal block, which has been sufficient so far. I understand that to access the additional 2 AO channels I could get another BNC-2110 and connect to the PCIe-6363 with another 68 pin connector, but I'm wondering if there is a BNC terminal block that allows for two 68 pin connections and can access all the channels provided by the 6363.

I've found the BNC-2090 and BNC-2090A, which have 2 63 pin connections, but claim to have only 2 AO channels. Is it possible to connect the 6363 to a 2090A with two cables and access all 4 AO channels (and all 4 counters at that)?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,096 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author milogoestogradschool

No, it doesn't appear to be possible to do that.  The pinouts for the 6363 device and the manual for the 2090a (see pg. 1-5 for dual-connector M-series devices) suggest that you'd need qty 2 of the 2090a BNC connector blocks.

1. The 2090a manual references M-series b/c it probably predates X-series devices like yours.  NI has long worked to keep pinouts on their MIO devices compatible wherever possible.  That leads to a pretty standardized connector 0 and then whatever extra I/O a given device may have gets assigned to connector 1.

2. Another thing of note is that *ALL* of the 6363's PFI-designated terminals that will be needed for counter I/O are found on connector 0, none on connector 1.  I haven't cross-referenced everything carefully, but maybe you can use a new 2090a for connector 0 (2 AO, all counter I/O) while re-using your existing 2110 solely for the other 2 AO?

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 2 of 3
(1,067 Views)

Kevin,

Thanks for the reply. That is what I had originally thought when seeing the diagram on 1-5 as you mentioned, but wanted to double-check. Looks like we will need to keep the old 2110 around either way.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(1,054 Views)