From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting DAQ 6014 with sensor

Solved!
Go to solution

I have a PCI DAQ 6014, a 68 pin connection block, a DAQAccessory. I want to take the signal from the sensor to the PCI 6014 Iconnected the output sensor on the connection block, then block thisconnection through a cable connected to the 6014 correct? signalfrom the voltage sensor, two-wire output pins into any of theconnection block. I put in ACH0 and AIGND possible? I do not understand DAQ Accessory to do. its function is like. I may not need to use it in this case is not. Thank he answered.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,747 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author saker

Hi saker,

The standard way to connect your system will be: connect your PCI to your computer, use the cable to connect the PCI card with the accessory, and finally your sensor to the accessory.

If your sensor is a two wire sensor, there are two different ways to connect it to the card, RSE and Differential mode, you can find instructions and descriptions about these type of connections in page 2-5 of the manual that you can find here. In the page 2-21 of the same manual you will find instructions of how to connect both RSE and Differential mode.

Then, if you accessory is the SCB-68 box you might find the device pins mapped in the figure 2 in page 3 of the user manual. This means that the pins in your card will match the pins in your terminal block.

Hope this information helps.

Regards,

steve.bm
AE | NI
Message 2 of 3
(2,738 Views)

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,727 Views)