Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connect PXI4461 with PXI4498

Hey Guys,

I am new to this forum. Basically got a problem and hopefully you could help me.

I have one PXI 4461 and one PXI4498. I intend to use PXI4461 as a signal generater while PXI 4498 as the sampling card.

Both of these cards are installed on a PXI 1045 chassis. These two cards are connected together by a BNC cable.

However, I found that there is always a delay between the signal generated (PXI4461) and the signal received (PXI4498).

I am wondering how this can happen? Does anyone know how to synchronize the generated signal (PXI4461) and sampled signal (PXI4498)?

Thank you very much for your help

All the best,

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,979 Views)
This is most likely because of the "group delay" of the analog front end of the 4498. AI on both the 4461 and 4498 have group delay. It's basically a measure of how many samples it takes for the signal to pass through the analog front end. If I remember correctly, group delay is in the specs. You can also search our forums for this term an probably find more help
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,968 Views)

Hi, Gaving,

Thank you very much for your response. I will definitely try to dig it out. Hopefully it will resolve my problem. I will keep you updated if I resolve this issue.

🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,958 Views)