From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring SCC-68 with MAX

Hi all,

I am in the middle of my system setup and I am using a PCI-6731 and SCC-68.  My problem is that in the setup manual for configuring the SCC, after following the instructions for configuration either SCC-68 is not selectable on the drop down list (although SCB-68 is) or the cabled device drop down box is greyed out and the following error is highlighted:   No digitizer is available. Please add a digitizer before configuring your SCC Connector block.

I have installed MAX 3.0.0, NI-DAQmx 8.8 and LabVIEW 8.6.  I simply want the SCC-68 to be selectable.

Any useful input I would be very much obliged!

Kindest regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,001 Views)

The fact that you cannot select the 6731 for the terminal block will not affect your use of the DAQ card. It's just a dumb terminal block.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,992 Views)

Hi Knight of NI,

Thank you for your reply.  However, I should still be able to see this device with MAX as demonstrated in the manuals.  I am attempting to control a galvoscanner system using Matlab.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,987 Views)

You can manually add it though you cannot assign it to the 6731.

And, as I mentioned, it really does not matter whether its visible in MAX or not or whether you are using MATLAB or any other programming language. You simply use the SCC-68 as a terminal block and your program does not reference it in any way.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,972 Views)