Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configuring SCC-68 with MAX

Hi all,

I am in the middle of my system setup and I am using a PCI-6731 and SCC-68.  My problem is that in the setup manual for configuring the SCC, after following the instructions for configuration either SCC-68 is not selectable on the drop down list (although SCB-68 is) or the cabled device drop down box is greyed out and the following error is highlighted:   No digitizer is available. Please add a digitizer before configuring your SCC Connector block.

I have installed MAX 3.0.0, NI-DAQmx 8.8 and LabVIEW 8.6.  I simply want the SCC-68 to be selectable.

Any useful input I would be very much obliged!

Kindest regards.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,990 Views)

The fact that you cannot select the 6731 for the terminal block will not affect your use of the DAQ card. It's just a dumb terminal block.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,981 Views)

Hi Knight of NI,

Thank you for your reply.  However, I should still be able to see this device with MAX as demonstrated in the manuals.  I am attempting to control a galvoscanner system using Matlab.

Kind regards

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,976 Views)

You can manually add it though you cannot assign it to the 6731.

And, as I mentioned, it really does not matter whether its visible in MAX or not or whether you are using MATLAB or any other programming language. You simply use the SCC-68 as a terminal block and your program does not reference it in any way.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,961 Views)