From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Computer will not recognize PCI-MIO-16E-1

I have a test set up where I am trying to use a  PCI-MIO-16E-1 and a SCB-68 to acquire data from 6 load cells. I inserted the card into the computers PCI slot and installed all the drivers off the website but MAX is not finding the card and it is not showing up in the device manger. The computer is running Windows 2000. Any of you have ideas?Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,911 Views)
KCrane289,

There are several reasons why a DAQ device installed in your computer may not show up in MAX. 

First, I would confirm that the device is showing up in Windows Device Manager.  You can confirm this by right clicking on my computer and selecting Manage.  Then click on Device Manager and see if the card shows up in the right column.  If the device installed properly than it should show up under "Data Acquisition Devices."  If the device doesn't show up here than it may show up as a generic PCI Device that has an exclamation point on the icon next to the name.  If this is the case, Windows has been unable to assign a driver to the device.  This could be due to a software issue or a damaged device.  If the device doesn't show up at all, then Windows doesn't even see the card and the device is either A) Broken, or B) in a PCI slot that is malfunctioning.

If the device is showing up properly in Device Manager, than I suspect that you have an issue with your MAX configuration.  MAX uses a database to store information about devices.  If MAX is unable to connect to this database than it may not show your device.  You can look at the following knowledgebase for more information:

Why Do I Get a Measurement & Automation Explorer (MAX) Database Connection Error?

Please let me know if you have any further questions, or need additional clarification on how to troubleshoot the issue.

Regards,

Neil S.
Multifunction DAQ PSE
Message 2 of 2
(2,901 Views)