From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Compiling NIDAQ C codes in DEV C

It seems you are referencing multiple locations with the NiDAQmx.h file. Your compiler output shows you retrieving it from C:\Dev-Cpp\include instead of from one of the NI directories. The line numbers mentioned do not match the line numbers in my version of NI's header file, so I suspect something is wrong with the version you have in Dev-Cpp.

I suggest the following:

1) Remove any copies of NI files from Dev-Cpp.

2) Reference only 1 of "...\\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\..." and "...\Shared\ExternalCompilerSupport\...". They both provide the same resources, so including both areas is duplication. On my Windows system the header and library files were the same.

After that I think the example should compile OK.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 14
(1,408 Views)

No, it did not work either. Below are the errors I got

Compiler: Default compiler
Executing g++.exe...
g++.exe "C:\Users\samik\Documents\c_practice\test.cpp" -o "C:\Users\samik\Documents\c_practice\test.exe" -ansi -traditional-cpp -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\lib\gcc\mingw32\3.4.2\include" -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2\backward" -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2\mingw32" -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\include\c++\3.4.2" -I"C:\Dev-Cpp\include" -L"C:\Dev-Cpp\lib"
In file included from C:\Users\samik\Documents\c_practice\test.cpp:1:
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:77: error: `__int64' does not name a type
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:85: error: `__int64' does not name a type
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:2288: error: `uInt64' has not been declared
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:2288: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `sampsPerChan' with no type
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:2290: error: `uInt64' has not been declared
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:2290: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `sampsPerChan' with no type
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:2292: error: `uInt64' has not been declared
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:2292: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `sampsPerChan' with no type
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:2294: error: `uInt64' has not been declared
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:2294: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `sampsPerChan' with no type
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:2295: error: `uInt64' has not been declared
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:2295: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `sampsPerChan' with no type
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:2297: error: `uInt64' has not been declared
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:2297: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `sampsPerChan' with no type
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:2299: error: `uInt64' has not been declared
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:2299: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `sampsPerChan' with no type
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:5104: error: `uInt64' has not been declared
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:5104: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `data' with no type
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:5130: error: `uInt64' has not been declared
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:5130: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `data' with no type
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:5131: error: `uInt64' has not been declared
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:5131: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `data' with no type
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:5138: error: `uInt64' has not been declared
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:5138: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `data' with no type
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:5139: error: `uInt64' has not been declared
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:5139: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `data' with no type
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:5142: error: `uInt64' has not been declared
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:5142: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `data' with no type
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:5367: error: `uInt64' has not been declared
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:5367: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `data' with no type
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:5368: error: `uInt64' has not been declared
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:5368: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `data' with no type
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:6157: error: `uInt64' has not been declared
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:6157: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `data' with no type
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:6175: error: `uInt64' has not been declared
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:6175: error: ISO C++ forbids declaration of `data' with no type
Execution terminated

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 14
(1,405 Views)

C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:77: error: `__int64' does not name a type
C:\Program Files\National Instruments\NI-DAQ\DAQmx ANSI C Dev\include\NIDAQmx.h:85: error: `__int64' does not name a type

NIDAQmx.h assumes that __int64 is a built-in type unless __linux__ is defined. MinGW defines __int64 as a typedef in one of the standard headers, not as a built-in type. Try including <stddef.h> (or <stdio.h>) before <NIDAQmx.h>.

Brad

---
Brad Keryan
NI R&D
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 14
(1,401 Views)

Not to hijack someone else's thread, but I ran into the same issue today and Brad's solution worked for me.  I was extending a project by adding another source file, and all of a sudden I was getting this issue with "error: unknown type name uInt64" .  After reading Brad's solution, I realized that I did #include <stdio.h> in my other source files in the previous version that worked, so as soon as I added #include <stdio.h> to my new source file, it built without any issues.

I'm using MinGW on Windows 7.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 14
(1,376 Views)