Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Combining PCI-6034E with NI-4350

I have an application requiring the measurement of 12 4-20mA signals and 8 K-type thermocouples.
My proposal is to use a PC fitted with a PCI-6034E DAQ through a TBX-68 I/O Connector Block for the current signals, and an NI-4351 Temperature Logger through a TBX-68T Connector Block for the thermocouples. Can anyone foresee any problems with such a set-up? Are there any unforeseen difficulties I should be aware of?

Control will be by LabVIEW.

I am spending someone else's money from a very tight budget, so I need to keep the cost down and to get it right the first time.

The original proposal was to use FieldPOINT gear but its temperature logging is a little slow.

Thanks in advance for your help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,543 Views)
Your setup is great.
The PCI-6034E with the TBX-68 and
the NI-4351 with the TBX-68T.

All you will need is some precision resistors in order to convert the current to voltage that will be read by the PCI-6034E.
Message 2 of 4
(2,543 Views)
Hi Ledge,

How fast do you want the temperature logging to be that FP is too slow?

Ben
bar@dsautomation.com
Retired Senior Automation Systems Architect with Data Science Automation LabVIEW Champion Knight of NI and Prepper LinkedIn Profile YouTube Channel
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,543 Views)
The NI 4351 has a sampling rate of 60 readings/sec only for single channel mode. If you plan to acquire data from 8 TC´s the reading rate will be 9.7samples/8 channels that leads to about 1 reading per second in each channel. With Fieldpoint FP-TC-120 you can have an update rate of 0.8 seconds for all channels.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,543 Views)