From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot configure DAQ Assistant VI

I have installed a new data acquisition device (NI 6229) and the driver software that comes with it (NI_DAQ 7, MAX 3.1). Before, I was using the device PCI-MIO-16XE-50 which is still on my system and which was running fine with the previous NI-DAQ version.
My problem is that the PCI-cards are shown in the MAX, but when I try to use the DAQ Assistant Express VI I cannot configure it. When I doubleclick it, nothing happens, so that I cannot specify the measurement task. Creating a new NI-DAQmx Task from the MAX still works.
What can I do about it?
Message 1 of 4
(2,886 Views)
Hello Isabell,

the 6229 is a new M-Series Card, that means it runs only with DAQmx, the 16XE-50 is an older card and only runs with the traditional DAQ and cannot be configured via DAQ Assistant.

Kai Kratt
National Instruments
Message 2 of 4
(2,869 Views)
To clarify, the PCI-MIO-16XE-50 is supported by NI-DAQmx as well as Traditional NI-DAQ. This page lists which devices work with which versions of NI-DAQ.

Isabell, I'm not sure why you are experiencing difficulties. Simply dropping the DAQ Express VI on the LV diagram should result in the DAQ Assistant being launched.

geoff
--
Geoff Schmit
Huskie Robotics, FIRST Team 3061 Lead Mentor
http://team3061.org/
@team3061
Message 3 of 4
(2,853 Views)
Sorry,

geoff is right. The PCI version is supported by DAQmx. Wheras the AT-MIO-16XE-50, the PCMCIA and the DAQPad are not.
Message 4 of 4
(2,843 Views)