From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can you add a delay after the trigger before data capture on the USB-6009

I am trying to determine if there is a way to add a delay to the triggering of the USB-6009.  I would like to capture the data 1 second after the trigger even occurs.  Everything I have seen with waits and delays are for the VI itself.  I need to create the delay insided the DAQ Assistant.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,042 Views)

If the low cost 6009 supports it, there is a Delay property of the trigger class. You would need to stop using the DAQ Assistant and use the lower level DAQmx functions.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,035 Views)

Thanks for the infomation Dennis.  Do you have any guidance on how to do that?  I will spend sometime today trying to figure it out.  Do you know if I would have to change from the DAQ assistant in every instance or just the one time that I need the 1 second delay?

Scott

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,023 Views)

You can right click on a DAQ Assistant and select 'Generate NI DAQmx Code'. There are numerous examples as well. Help>Example Finder>Hardware Input and Output>DAQmx.

I don't ever see a need for a single DAQ Assistant but as long as you are stopping the task in one, you should be able to create a new one with the low level functions.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,016 Views)

I was not able to figure out how to use the DAQmx functions and the USB 6009 did not have the delay property that you spoke of.  Instead, I populated an array with 10Hz data and through out the first 10 (not the most elegant, but it will work I guess.)  I will look into the USB 6210 to see if it has the delay property that you spoke of when I purchase it.  I need the low range accuracy readings that it supposedly provides.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,977 Views)

Hey Scott,

The 6210 does support the delay property and is more accurate than the 6009 (88 uV accuracy on the ±200 mV range as opposed to 37.5 mV on the ±1 V range of the 6009).

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,969 Views)