Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can the Lock In Amplifier Start up kits be used with various DAQ cards

Hello.  I need a lock in amplifier that will simultaneously record first and second harmonic readings.  The lock in amplifier start up kit looks perfect for my needs.  However, being on a limited budget, I was curious as to what DAQ cards can run the lock in amplifier.  All examples shown use the NI 4472 Card.  Is this the only card that works?  I understand that the card has to perform simultaneous sampling but I am not sure if there are other specifics that make the NI 4472 the only card applicable to Lock In Amplfifier Software.

I have looked up other cards that look suitable which include:
NI 4474
NI 6115
NI 6111
NI 6110
NI 6120
NI 6143
NI6154

Will any of those DAQ cards work for my purposes?  Thanks in advance for the help.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,925 Views)

Hi Racer1122

Thank you for using our discussion forms. 

Please have a look at the following link under the: “What data acquisition hardware is required?” section.
http://zone.ni.com/devzone/cda/tut/p/id/5613

The four main specifications that are will determine the suitability of a DAQ card use for a lock in amplifier are dynamic range, simultaneous sampling, sampling rate, anti-aliasing, all of which are explained in the link above.

All of our DSA cards (NI 4474, NI 446x, PXI 449x…) have good dynamic range, simultaneous sampling and anti-aliasing filters.  The S-series devices, such as the ones you have mentioned can all be used.  They all have simultaneous sampling, and faster sampling rated but not quite the dynamic range of the DSA cards.

The characteristics of the signal you are measuring will dictate the best card for your application.

Also the following thread had some other information that you may find helpful.
http://forums.ni.com/ni/board/message?board.id=170&message.id=277325&requireLogin=False

Have a great day

Chris_K

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,901 Views)