Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find DAQmx Self Calibrate.vi

One of our acquisition board does not appear to be self-calibrated. When I run a calibrating vi, I get an error message saying that the file DAQmx Self Calibrate.vi can't be located. I can't find it on my desktop with a manual search and I can't find it on my NI-DAQmx driver software install CD either. Anyone has any idea/suggestions?

Thanks

Sam

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 7
(4,307 Views)

Sam,

The DAQmx Self Calibrate.vi is located in the following:

• Go to block diagram>>Right-Click>>Measurment I/O>>DAQmx - Data Acquisition>>DAQmx Advanced>>DAQmx Calibration>>DAQmx Self Calibrate.vi

If you can't locate the vi this way, then there may be an issue with your DAQmx driver and you need to repair it. To repair your DAQmx driver, do the following:

• Start>>Control Panel>>Add or Remove Programs>>Select National Instruments Software>>Click Uninstall/Change>>Navigate to your DAQmx Driver>>Click Repair

In the meantime, I am attaching the DAQmx CSelf Calibrate.vi to my post

I hope this helps.

-Larry H.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
(4,275 Views)

Sam,

You can also perform a Self-Calibration in Measurement & Automation Explorer. To do this:

• Open Measurement & Automation Explorer>>Open the "Devices and Interface" dropdown menu>>Right Click on your device>>Select Self-Calibrate

Regards,

-Larry H.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 7
(4,274 Views)

Thanks Larry,

I've reinstalled both LabView and the DAQmx drivers. I can self calibrate my board now but when I send a simple DC value to my board with MAX, I get an error saying that it can not access the self-calibration information, even though I can see the self calibration information myself in the Self Calibration information tab. I was suggested that my MAX could be corrupted. I ran the MAX database corruption removal tool (see link below), the problem persists.

https://decibel.ni.com/content/docs/DOC-12805

Sam

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
(4,268 Views)

Sam,

1. What type of board are you using?

2. What is the exact error that it is telling you? (if it gives a number, that would be helpful)

3. Did you do the self-calibration in Labview or in MAX?

Regards,

-Larry H.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 7
(4,262 Views)

Larry,

The board is a PCI-6722.

The error is: "Warning 200016 the board was never calibrated with NI-DAQmx API" ... and consequently... "the date and time are not valid".

I did the self-calibration using MAX. I also tried the self calibration from LabView but the vi I have couldn't find a sub-vi called <vilib>:\daqmx\miscellaneous.llb\DAQmx Fill In Error Info.vi

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
(4,260 Views)

Sam,

What version of Labview are you running? Also what version of the DAQmx driver do you have?

Also, I'm attaching the Fill in Error Info.vi to this post. Include this into your daqmx library and try running the VI now. Does the device calibrate it self now?

-Larry H.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 7
(4,256 Views)