Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't find DAQmx Clear Task.vi

We implemented our application in another machine and used the tool to create the executable.   However, the code does not run on the new computer, because it complains for a missing DAQmx Clear Task.vi, DAQmx Read.vi,DAQmx Start Task.vi, DAQmx Start Trigger (Digital Edge).vi, DAQmx Trigger.vi, etc.   While are these files missing from the installer, and why even though that I installed all the LabView tools in this new computer, the code does not run?
Thanks in adanced,
D
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(13,341 Views)
Exactly what 'tools' do you mean? Did you select NI-DAQmx as one of the additional installers? If you also chose t install MAX, you could open that and see if DAQmx is there.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 8
(13,338 Views)
Hi Dennis,

Thanks for your reply. 

1.- The executable program didn't run when installed in a new computer, so
2.- I installed the entire set of LabView tools in that machine to see if with this it will run (assuming that I forgot to install something inside the executable), but yet it didn't.
3.- I also installed the DAQmx file (drivers or whatever that is),and it does not run either.  

Now, I am totally out of ideas.  What else can I do?  

Why the generated executable is not fully self contained?   This really drive me crazy.

Regards,

D
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(13,312 Views)

First, the exe will never include the hardware driver. If you were to look at the size of DAQmx, you would understand why you don't want to do something like that.

Do you still get the exact same error message after installing DAQmx? Can you run MAX and verify that it's installed and then run the test panels for your DAQ device?

You didn't exactly answer my question about the 'tools' you selected when you built the installer. There are numerous options on the Additional Installer page that must be included but the main ones are the LabVIEW run-time and DAQmx. What exactly did you select? We created an app in LabVIEW 8.5 a couple of months ago and the installer included the minimum DAQmx install and an exported hardware config. The installer was run on several hundred test stations without a glitch in regards to DAQmx. I know that doesn't help you much but if DAQmx was installed correctly, I don't know what else might be wrong.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(13,284 Views)

I have installed every daqmx driver including the most recent version 9.9 

I fail to load old VI of mine ten years old that worked perfecly by finding start task, daq read and daq write etc whereas now I dont have any idea of where these VI utilities are buried! sincerely

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(10,332 Views)
What version of LabVIEW are you using? The latest DAQmx driver would not be compatible with something 10 years old.
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(10,328 Views)

Sorry if it appears I am a bit disappointed but I turned back to labview after some years fully convinced  i could produce sound results in a few hours. I was very wrong.

I still use labview 8.0. I have installed daq drivers version 9.9.0 as suggested for my 6062E daq card. I installed  and configured correctly my 6062E card under NI MAX but old references in my VI applications to "daqmx start task.vi", "daqmx read.vi" to give an example fail. I tried to replace them with the I/O assistant since the old icons disappeared from the function I/O palette, and  immediately I get the error "measurement & automation explorer or the instrument I/O assistant is not installed correctly. Please install these from the Labview Driver CD".

WHY from a CD? drivers are provided freely by NI web site! And the installation doesn't give me any error signal.

Anyway, I would be happy enough if I could find again a working reference to a library with the old DAQmx VI like DAQmx read and so on.!

Sincerely

Roberto

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(10,321 Views)
I told you the latest versions of DAQmx are not compatible. See the chart at http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/allkb/B0D5630C0A50D5C6862578E800459248

The latest version you can use is 8.9.

Of course you don't get an error. The latest version is perfectly compatible with whatever version of Windows that you are using and does not care that an obsolete version of LabVIEW is installed.
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(10,313 Views)