From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not install driver for DAQCard-700 on Windows XP

Hello, I have the Tony's problem and other more. I installed version 6.9.3 but wen reboot de system, my notebook no recognize the device. When I took Measurement & Automation Explorer ->Devices and Interface,  DAQ 700 is not present, press F5, and nothing. Close Measurement & Automation Explorer and apear the next message:

"The instruction at "0x4a01259d" referenced memory at "0x00000000". The memory coud not be "read"

Please, What can I do?

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 11 of 19
(3,429 Views)
Dear Tony,

It sounds like your Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX) is corrupted.

1. Uninstall MAX and NI-DAQ from Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel.
2. Remove you DAQCard from your computer.
3. Reinstall NI-DAQ.
4. Add your DAQCard.

Good luck!

Have a great day!
Marni S.
0 Kudos
Message 12 of 19
(3,406 Views)
I have a custom-built system which uses a DAQCard-700 with NI-DAQ 6.6, LabView 5.1.1, and Windows 98 to control a pair of optical shutters through digital output channels 6 and 7. The card works fine with our custom-designed LabView VI's.

Now we are trying to create two more copies of the instrument, so we bought two new DAQCard-700's which came with NI-DAQ 6.9.3 and two new laptops. I installed LabView 5.1.1 (which also installed NI-DAQ 6.6) on one of the laptops (Windows XP), but the DAQCard-700 would not function properly. Through the Test Panel in the Measurement and Automation Explorer, I could not get the analog voltages or digital input line states to change when I placed a jumper between the channels and ground or the digital output states to change with the "Write Output" button. I tried the second new card and found similar problems.

I replaced the DAQCard-700 with the old card from the existing system and it seemed to function properly, except for the fact that I had to connect the analog and digital ground pins to get the digital inputs and outputs to work. But with this jumper in place, all of the functions in the Test Panel worked as expected and I was able to control my optical shutters with my LabView VI's.

I thought that the new cards may require the new 6.9.3 drivers, so I installed NI-DAQ 6.9.3 on the laptop, but the new cards still don't function properly.

Is there something that would cause both of these new cards to function improperly?

Thanks,
Steve
0 Kudos
Message 13 of 19
(3,358 Views)

Dear Steve,

You are probably having problems with NIDAQ 6.6 on Windows XP because NIDAQ 6.6  is not supported on Windows XP.

With older versions of NIDAQ, problems can occur if you don't fully uninstall the DAQ driver before you reinstall it. Make sure to uninstall all versions of NIDAQ and the Measurement and Automation Explorer from Add/Remove Programs in the Control Panel. Then reinstall NIDAQ 6.9.3. Do the test panels work now?

Have a great day!

Marni S.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 19
(3,339 Views)

Unfortunately, that did not work. I uninstalled NI-DAQ 6.9.3 and Measurement and Automation Explorer 2.2 through the Control Panel. I then reinstalled NI-DAQ 6.9.3 and rebooted the machine. When I opened up the Test Panels, they still didn't work.

Any other thoughts?

Thanks,

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 19
(3,333 Views)

Marni,

Nevermind. The cards are now working fine. It ends up that the PR50-50F cable simply wasn't seated properly into the DAQCard-700.

Sorry to waste your time.

Steve

0 Kudos
Message 16 of 19
(3,332 Views)

I have problems with installing the DAQCard-700 on a PC. To get the slot to insert the pc-card i got a pci-card with Ricoh R5C485 chipset as you can find here.

The Device is correctly recognized by windows and other (newer) PC-Cards run properly.

My operating system is Windows XP SP2. It's an AMD Athlon 1800+ with 128MB of RAM on a Mainboard with SIS730 chipset.

I installed NiDAQ 6.9.3 and the DAQ-Card was found in the Measurement and Automation Studio. But when i want to start the testpanel for this DAQCard-700, the system just freezes. 

So i installed the PCI-Card and NiDAQ 6.9.3 on another computer (MSI-7065 with Intel chipset, Intel Celeron 2,8GHz, 512MB RAM). When i want to start the test panel here, it seems to freeze, but after a while i get the message, that the DAQ-Card does not answer on the first IRQ-Level. Then i have input on the three channels that are connected. But i don't get any input when i want to use my DropTest software (seems to base on a version of LabView because it has the same icon)

For testing purposes i installed the DAQCard on a Toshiba CF-52 with Ricoh R5C486 chipset and everything worked properly. The testpanel runs and i get correct input in droptest software. 

What can I do? Are there any options to change IRQ-Levels for this Card? I did just the same on all tree computers, but it only runs on the Toshiba CF-52 laptop. 

Is the DAQCard-700 incompatible to PCI versions of PC-Card readers?

Please help me, because i need to get the card run on a static pc. 

Klaus

Message Edited by masterlier on 04-22-2009 12:01 AM
0 Kudos
Message 17 of 19
(2,064 Views)

Dear all,

I am using DAQCard-700 using NI-DAQ 6.9.3 and Labview 7.1 but I could not use it

After I install Labview 7.1, I cannot see my device in Measurement & Automation anymore so that I cannot use it. Please help me to solve this problem.

How can I make NI-DAQ 6.9.3 work with LabVIEW 7.1?

One more question. I cannot install NI-DAQ 6.9.3 driver for my DAQCard-700 on two other laptops. I checked for RunOnce registry, it is fine on my both laptop. Please give me idea?

Thuy NH

0 Kudos
Message 18 of 19
(1,655 Views)

Respected Sir,

I am new learner of this area.

I am using labview 5.1, fieldpoint FP 1000, NI-DAQ 6.5, Field point explorer version 1.6, Measurement and Automation Explorer 1.0.1.

my probelm "connection to acquisition board was not found" when i run labview program is due to DAQ board was not there in my CPU, so o plan to purchase NI-DAQ board.

I also have labview 8.2 (since labview 5.1 compatability with 8.2), field point 5.0.1, NI-DAQ 6.9.3.

In my old computer in MAX >> DEVICE AND INTERFACE >> I saw AT-A0-10, but i do not know how to caarried out test panel.

I also heard 

NI-DAQ 700 card is used in  NI-DAQ  driver 6.6 on labview 5.1 operating windows 95.
also 
NI-DAQ 700 card is used in  NI-DAQ  driver 6.9.3 on labview 8.2 operating windows XP. 

I would kindly request you to please help me which NI-DAQ board is suitable for me.

I do not know how many signals i need to acquire to buy NI-DAQ card.

Thanking You

Yours faithfully

M. Vijay

0 Kudos
Message 19 of 19
(1,157 Views)