From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can i output a wave file containing speech content using NI-DAQ?

NI-DAQ: 6024E
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 8
(2,655 Views)
Jeff,

You should be able to output sound on an analog output channel of a data acquisition card. However, the 6024E does not have an analog output FIFO, so the frequencies you can generate would be very limited, due to the slower update rate. If you have a sound card and LabVIEW, you can use the sound VIs to send data to your sound card and generate sound that way. The sound VIs are located in the Graphics and Sound sub-palette. If you don't have these VIs, respond to this message and I can post them up here.
Message 2 of 8
(2,652 Views)
Dear Jeremy:
Thanks for your helpful comments. It'd be great if you could post up the related VIs. I'd surely give it a try.....

thanx
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 8
(2,652 Views)
Jeff,
If you are using LabVIEW 6.0 or higher, these VI's should already be installed. However, you are using an older version of LabVIEW, the VI's are attached to this post. Good luck.
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 8
(2,652 Views)
I have a DAQ board that is not NI. The DAQ Assistant won't talk to it but I am able to capture sound from a microphone using this board and labview. I do have analog outputs. How can I power a speaker with it? What I need to do is a run a sweep sine wave through the speaker but for now, any tone will do. THANKS! -J
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 8
(2,607 Views)
Hello GoofyTallKid. Thank you for contacting National Instruments. Most third-party DAQ cards allow you to use traditional DAQ to output different waveforms to your DAQ card. When these waveforms are output to a speaker, it will result in different tones depending on the frequency of the wave. There are some examples of traditional DAQ in the LabVIEW Example Finder. They can be accessed by browsing Hardware Input and Output>>Traditional DAQ>>Analog Output. Please let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day!

Marni S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 8
(2,595 Views)
Thanks! I tried opening SVXMPL_Swept Sine FRF (Traditional DAQ).vi and when I hit run it brings up an error list that includes 5 .vi files that have sub VIs that are missing or are not executable. For example, one is:
SVT Close Swept Sine (Traditional DAQ).vi
and the errors are:
"SubVI 'AI Clear.vi': subVI is missing"
"SubVI 'AO Clear.vi': subVI is missing"
"SubVI 'Device reset.vi': subVI is missing"

Do you know what this error pertains to?

Thank you very much for your help!
-Jay
0 Kudos
Message 7 of 8
(2,573 Views)
Hello GoofyTallKid. The subVIs that are missing can be found by right clicking on the block diagram and selecting NI Measurements>>Data Acquisition>>Analog Input, NI Measurements>>Data Acquisition>>Analog Output, and NI Measurements>>Data Acquisition>>Calibration and Configuration. My guess is that you did a custom install of NI-DAQ and LabVIEW is not finding the VIs in the correct spot or NI-DAQ is not installed. If you need to install NI-DAQ, take a look at the following link and get the latest driver for your DAQ card.

http://ni.com/support/daq/versions

Please let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day!

Marni S.
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 8 of 8
(2,568 Views)