From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can USB-6009 digital output (open collector) external pull-up use its on board external +2.5 V output?

Solved!
Go to solution

Can USB-6009 digital output (open collector) external pull-up use its on board external +2.5 V output?

Hello,

I want to config USB-6009 digital output to have +2.5 V as high and 0 V as low digital output. I know I can config USB-6009 digital output to open collector with external pull-up resistor, which can be applied with +2.5 V power source.

My question is: Can I use USB-6009 on board +2.5 V output as the pull-up resistor power source? What resistance is a good number for the pull-up resistor if I can use this configuration?

Thank you very much for the help,

Cathy

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,956 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author Cathymin

Hi Cathy,

The USB 6008 digital front end looks like this:

2010-01-26_110938.png

So, there is actually a 4.7 kOhm internal pullup resistor to 5V when the device is configured for open collector.

If you want to output 0-2.5 V, I would look into using a 4.7 kOhm bias resistor between DO and Ground (depending on the rest of your circuit).

Best Regards,

John Passiak
Message 2 of 3
(3,939 Views)
Thank you very much John.
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,923 Views)