Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can NI DAQ-6259 read / listen to i2c ?

Hi GurraW,

I will be working on the I2C communication for DAQ-6351. Do you mind sharing your VI source files so that I can use for my project?

Thanks very much.

0 Kudos
Message 11 of 15
(1,220 Views)

hi every one,

I am trying to implement i2c protocol in ni-usb 6363 dac card. I am generate clock pulse (SCK) by using a PFI pin output and serial data by using a Digital output pin. 

but I am facing problem in synchronization of clock pulse and DO as per i2c protocol.

is it possible to varied the digital output voltage of ni-usb 6363..?

so, if anyone know about this pls reply...

regards

arvind

0 Kudos
Message 12 of 15
(907 Views)

Can you share your VI?   I have to convert D/A data to ni-usb 6009 but my D/A converter use i2c system 

0 Kudos
Message 13 of 15
(704 Views)

Hi LeviTSH,

the NI-USB 6009 ist most likely the wrong choice for this task. As a minimum requirement for I2C communication you will need hardware timed digital I/Os which the 6009 doesn't provide. Software timing will have way to much jitter to allow the communication to work at all.Please refer to the rest of the thread to explore alternative options.

0 Kudos
Message 14 of 15
(693 Views)

Well done.

Many years ago I successfully did similar to implement microchip programming with daq. I think DAQ can work as a IIC master device without any issue. Twenty years ago it was even so popular to use PC parallel port to do so. 

0 Kudos
Message 15 of 15
(216 Views)