From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can NI 9215 be used for pressure sensor measurement?

I am very new to NI. Can NI 9215 be used for pressure sensor measurement? If it is possible how will the set up and wiring be?

Thank you very much.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,129 Views)

Yes.....       IF your sensor has a (+-) 10 V voltage output ...  and external powersupply

Other sensors can be adapted ,  a 10V output is a common industrial standard and you get signal conditioners for that for all kind of sensor types.

What type of sensor do you have?

What presure range do need to measure?

Dynamic range? (How fast is your pressure changing? )

Ah, and wellcome to NI forum 🙂  

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 2 of 5
(4,113 Views)

Thank you for your prompt reply and the info!

I am using it for measuring relative pressure of +2kPa (20mbar) gage range. I am still trying to find a suitable sensor. Some of the possible sensors are:

Also is it better for me to buy a 2-wire or 3-wire sensor?

And thank you for your warm welcome!

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,092 Views)

The best would be a 3 wire output with 0-10V  output

You will need an additional 14V - 30V powersupply  (commonly used with a  24V DC industrial powersupply)

Connection ist shown in the DMP 343 wiring diagram. the circle (A/V) in the diagram is your NI9215 .

Greetings from Germany
Henrik

LV since v3.1

“ground” is a convenient fantasy

'˙˙˙˙uıɐƃɐ lɐıp puɐ °06 ǝuoɥd ɹnoʎ uɹnʇ ǝsɐǝld 'ʎɹɐuıƃɐɯı sı pǝlɐıp ǝʌɐɥ noʎ ɹǝqɯnu ǝɥʇ'

Message 4 of 5
(4,079 Views)

I see! Thank you very much for your help! I really appreciate it. A lot of kudos for you!

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,063 Views)