Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use PXI module(PXI-6722) and DAQmx(USB-6210) at the same time?

Hi,

Now, I'm using the USB-6210 alone for 10-channel analog inputs.

I want to make multi-channel analog output(at least 8 channels), then I found PXI analog output module(PXI-6722).

As my experience, two DAQmx-USB modules cannot use at the same time(on single labtop).

So, my question is that I can use those two modules (6210 & 6722) simultaneously with well synchronized condition?

And, for using PXI module, I have to mount it on desktop not labtop?

If there better option for my experiment setup, please let me know.

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(1,860 Views)

Hi, 

For using PXI-module(6722), you have to need PXI-Controller & PXI-Chassis.

You can plug-in PXI-Controller & PXI-Modules in chassis. Controller is responsible for controlling PXI-modules like PC. 

You can also plug-in several PXI-modules in chassis. Then It is easy to synchronize several Channel. 

You can refer to some pages below.

Getting Started with a PXI System

http://www.ni.com/tutorial/9235/en/

Synchronization Explained

http://www.ni.com/product-documentation/11369/en/

Thanks

Message 2 of 3
(1,820 Views)

It should be possible to use multiple USB devices at once.  I don't know know offhand if there's one that can output 8+ AO channels.  Sync'ing across USB devices will require a combination of physically wiring shared timing signals and programming the devices to use them.

There's likely a cDAQ solution available that's friendlier to your budget than a full PXI system.  Note that *any* USB-based system will tend to have some limitations when compared to their desktop and PXI counterparts.

-Kevin P

CAUTION! New LabVIEW adopters -- it's too late for me, but you *can* save yourself. The new subscription policy for LabVIEW puts NI's hand in your wallet for the rest of your working life. Are you sure you're *that* dedicated to LabVIEW? (Summary of my reasons in this post, part of a voluminous thread of mostly complaints starting here).
Message 3 of 3
(1,816 Views)