From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I set AI Sense of a 6343 to 5V

I'm looking at an NI USB 6343 daqmx device.  I notice that I can set the measurement to have an input configuration of NRSE.  The documentation says it will take the measurement with reference to the AI sense inputs instead of system gnd.  I'd prefer to keep the measurements as single ended instead of differential to take advantage of the higher measurement channel count.

My input signals are typically 0-12V.  It would be an advantage to me to have the input range of the instrument be -5 to +15 instead of +/-10.

Can I set AI Sense of a NI USB 6343 to 5V to offset the input range?

If not is there another device that would have an input range of -5 to +15?

If not is there a recommended attenuator circuit I could put on the front end?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(3,461 Views)

Hi,

Your NI USB-6343 cannot do that as you are putting in your post. The thing is basically becuase as you mentioned its input range is +-10V in the AI. you can set an offset via SW for your AI range but that cannot be higher that the specify in your specification sheet (-+10V). 

About your second question if it is a USB device what you need (X series as the one you are using) the answer will be no. All USB devices X series their max input range is +-10V. But you could use a cDAQ module instead of an X series like NI-9221 or NI-9229 that can handle until -+60V and depending on your cDAQ chassis it could be connected using USB.

On Attenuatior circuirt I have no input about that, in your case USB-6343 you have to take in count that the input range is -+10V and the portection range is +-11V.

Regards 

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(3,439 Views)