Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I program a DAQmx sample rate on the fly while the card is acquiring

I have a USB 6003 DAQ produc tthat i am programming wiht DAQmx.  Is there a way to start an acquisition with a TDMS log and the change the sample rate of the device wihtout stoppping the acquisition or logging operations?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(4,236 Views)

Definitely not for the 6003. I'm pretty confident no DAQmx device can as that information is required to verify a task, and that stage is before the task starts running. (verify->reserve->commit->start)

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(4,232 Views)

So I have to stop the acquisition, change the clock rate, then restart the acquisition...is the log file still open and ok to append to for the tdms file when i go through this restart process?

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(4,230 Views)

Another option might be to always acquire at the highest rate and when lower rate data is desired, simply discard the unwanted data. Then you never need to stop and start the tasks.  Depending on the process, averaging blocks of data (or other appropriate processing) to get the lower rate points might improve performance.

Lynn

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(4,212 Views)

@johnsold wrote:

Another option might be to always acquire at the highest rate and when lower rate data is desired, simply discard the unwanted data. Then you never need to stop and start the tasks.  Depending on the process, averaging blocks of data (or other appropriate processing) to get the lower rate points might improve performance.

That will not work if they are using the DAQmx Configure Logging.

Because of the time information, you have to stop your task and then restart it.  I see no reason you couldn't just append to your current TDMS file.

GCentral
There are only two ways to tell somebody thanks: Kudos and Marked Solutions
Unofficial Forum Rules and Guidelines
"Not that we are sufficient in ourselves to claim anything as coming from us, but our sufficiency is from God" - 2 Corinthians 3:5
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(4,207 Views)