Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I have independent outputs on separate DAC channels on Pcie-6343

We have just purchased the Pcie-6343 and want to output two different signals simultaneously on two different AO channels. Has anyone accomplished this with the     x-series cards or know if it is that possible?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(3,071 Views)

You certainly can!

The DAQmx driver has a write VI on it that allows you to feed in multiple waveforms with the idea of them being output on different channels.  Because they are a part of the same DAQmx task they will start at the same time and use the same timing engine, which is how you synchronize signals on our cards.  I have built an example below that generates a sine wave at 10 Hz and a triangle wave at 5 Hz and then outputs them on AO0 and AO1.

18943i512842B256F26C76

Doug Farrell
Solutions Marketing - Automotive
National Instruments

National Instruments Automotive Solutions
Message 2 of 4
(3,042 Views)

Thank you for your reply Doug, Looks like I asked you the wrong question.  What I really want to know is if I can have two different signals that start at different times and use different timing engines?  For example; lets say I want to send out a continuous signal on AO0 and then alow the user to specify when to send out a different signal on AO1? 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(3,034 Views)

Unfortunately there is only a single AO timing engine which all of the channels share, so you cannot trigger or clock multiple channels independently.  The requirement is that only one task can be hardware-timed, but you can have multiple static (on-demand) tasks in parallel if desired.

What you'll probably want to do is run a continuous hw-timed task for all desired cahnnels and just update your waveforms on-the-fly.  That way the user can select when to enable a channel (just write 0s to the channel when it is disabled).  Here's a link to an example that should help get you started:

Update Multiple Channels of AO On-The-Fly

I hope that helps, let us know if you have any questions!

Best Regards,

John Passiak
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(3,029 Views)