From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I get 4-20mA into a USB-9211

I want to set up a USB connected interface to three thermocouples and a pressure sensor.

The pressure sensor could be a 'strain bridge type' with an output accross its differential bridge outputs of 0-30mV (with a common mode votage <5V) or a 4-20mA type of sensor which I suspect with a 3 Ohm resistor could also make a differential voltage that this product could measure.

Critical to this adaption;
a) Is the on-board bias current to the input terminals mentioned in the manual small or stable and predictable?
b) Is there a software mode that reports mV rather than a thermocuple and cold junction computed temperature?

Thanks.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,654 Views)
Hi,

The 9211 will only support differential AI from 0-80mV. It will not be able to measure current. To measure an AI voltage you can use the example found under:

Start>>Programs>>National Instruments>>NI-DAQmx Base>>Examples.

In this folder there are examples for the type of API you are using. I used the AI one point.vi for LV 7.1, and measured a voltage from 0-80mV. I hope this helps!

George
Message 2 of 2
(2,631 Views)