Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can DAQmx write (Digital Wfm 1Chan NSamp) output to physical channels on multiple ports?

I'm writing some code to manage waveform outputs across multiple devices. All of the hardware presently at my disposal has at most one port of timed digital output. However, this might change in the future, and I want to make my program as general as possible. Is it possible to build a virtual channel containing lines on multiple output ports and then write to all lines of this virtual channel using a single DAQmx Write (Digital Wfm 1Chan NSamp) call? Is DAQmx Write (digital Wfm 1Chan NSamp) restricted only to lines on the same port? Do I need to use a separate virtual channel for each output port? Thanks.
Jason Rolfe
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,630 Views)
Hello Jason,

You can create a task that contains lines from different ports of one same device. You can also define the "lines" input of your Digital Output DAQmx Create Channel vi to be for example Dev1/port0/line0, Dev1/port1/line0. DAQmx Write (digital Wfm 1Chan NSamp) is not restricted only to lines on the same port as long as it's from the same device. No, you don't need to use a separate virtual channel for each output port.

Hope this helps,

LA
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,615 Views)