Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CJC with PXI 6232

Hello,

Now I try to measure thermocouple temperature with PXI6232. 

I know that there is no Build-in CJC sensor in the termial block CB-37F-LP, so I want to use an external CJC source. But if I choose the thermistor as an external CJC sensor, I need also an external current excitation. How can I configure this CJC source?

Or do you have some other ideas about how to do the CJC when I measure thermocouple temperature with PXI6232?

Thanks a lot!

Dapeng

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,575 Views)
Dapeng,

as you have stated correctly, the CB-37F-LP doesn't provide a CJC sensor. So in your case you will have to connect a physical temperature sensor (other than a thermocouple) to one of the analog input channels of the PXI-6232, configure it in MAX and use it as the CJC source for your measurements. The sensor needs to be installed directly at the connectors of your connector block.

If you are using a thermistor you will need a constant current source and you will need to enter this information in MAX. Other sensor types require other excitations sources (e. g. some simple IC-sensors require a 5 V power supply so you could use the + 5 V pin of the 6232.

I hope this helps,

Jochen Klier
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,544 Views)