Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Box's Multiple analog channels with variable differential settings

Hello, I have some experience with LabView but I'm stuck at at a new device.

I've got an USB-Box-6009. It has 8 analog inputs which can either measure RSE or differential. Additionally 12 Digital channels which I can set to In- or Outputs. One of the objectives of the program is the controlling of each channel, e.g. the setting of a digital channel if it's an digital input or output. Similar for the analog inputs, at which I want to be able to set if a channel shall measure in RSE or differential mode. 

So the first thing I've done was to program the digital channels and this works totally fine. I've created for each digital channel a different task, controlled the possible cases with a voltmeter and this works fine (see attachement, the structure at the bottom). Now I'm trying the same for the analog channels and I've got always an error: Error -50103 occurred at DAQmx Start Task.vi:7220028.

Okay, the errors answer is not to run two analog or output tasks (like it works for the digs) and put it in one single task. I'm fine with that but have now no clue how to change the measuring mode of the analog channels individually. 

So if you have a solution in mind I would be very happy 🙂

Best regards,

Xhedao

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(3,325 Views)
You can have an array of channels and an equally sized array of settings. Pass both into a for loop that uses a shift register for the task. Take a DAQ Assistant and convert to a VI if you need to see how it's done.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(3,316 Views)

Thanks for the solution! Works fine 🙂

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(3,295 Views)