Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Borland c++ 6.0 and NIDAQmx 8.1

Hello,
I didn't succeed linking NIDAQmx 8.1 with Borland c++.  I tried with the below NIDAQmx 8.0 library too  without success.

(NIDAQmx 8.0  lib: http://digital.ni.com/public.nsf/websearch/B09727F89DA3A06C86256F430071D88E?OpenDocument)

I had the following linking error: "...NIDAQmx.lib contains invalid OMF record, type 0x21"

I tried to use the coff2omf tool to convert it without success.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(2,911 Views)

hello,

DAQmx 8.0 or above does not officially support, nor has been tested with Borland C++. So though it may be possible to use some of the techniques mentioned in the document you mentioned to get it to work, it is not something that DAQmx 8.0 or 8.1 was designed to do. May be you should think about some other compiler to use these DAQ drivers.

Thank you.

Tanvir

National Instruments Japan

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(2,902 Views)

Hi,

I updated the KB to include the Borland C++ library for NI-DAQmx 8.1.

It will take a day or two for the changes to show up on the web so I am also including it here.

Thanks,
Sal

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(2,887 Views)
Hello,

The new NI-DAQmx 8.1 lib seems to work well.

Did you use the implib.exe program in Borland C++ Builder's bin directory to create nidaqmx.lib from the nidaq32.dll or the task was a bit more difficult?

Thank you,

Juliuzz

Message Edited by Juliuzz on 06-04-2006 10:10 PM

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(2,870 Views)

Hi,

The task was very easy.  Our CVI program allows you to compile your CVI written code with Borland C++.  If you have CVI installed and install DAQmx, you get the DAQmx library that will allow you to comiple your CVI DAQ programs in Borland C++.  I simply take that library and post it in the KB for every new DAQmx release.

Thanks,
Sal

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(2,848 Views)