Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Blue screeen of death in Win2k - NIPALK.sys

It seems in the past this problem was resolved by installing the latest software. Well it's happening to me now with the latest software. This is what I have:

NI-488.2 version 2.2 (latest for GPIB-ENET according to http://ni.com/support/gpib/versions.htm)
GPIB-ENET firmware A.5
Win2k SP4

I've installed NI-488.2 fine. Getting Started Wizard verifies hardware, software and the interface. No problems so far.

However when I click on 'Devices and Interfaces' from 'Measurement and Automation Explorer' I get a STOP error in NIPALK.sys (it takes around 5-10 seconds to do so).

I would really appreciate some help on this one.

Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,734 Views)
Hi tk123,

Thank you for pointing out that some of the data on that webpage is currently incorrect. If you look at the readme file from NI-488.2 version 2.3, which you can download
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,718 Views)
That's what I get for trying to be clever with html tags. I always seem to forget to close a bracket or a quotation mark. Here is the post as it *should* have looked:

Hi tk123,

Thank you for pointing out that some of the data on that webpage is currently incorrect. If you look at the readme file from NI-488.2 version 2.3, which you can download here, it lists the ENET/100 as a supported device. While upgrading the driver does not always fix the dreaded blue screen, it certainly cannot hurt.

Also, what other versions of NI software and drivers do you have on your computer? This will be helpful knowledge if the issue persists after upgrading the driver.

Hope this helps!

john m
Applications Engineer
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,709 Views)
> version 2.3, which you can download here, it lists the ENET/100 as a supported device.

I'm sure this is correct, but I have GPIB-ENET without /100 (I know it's 10+ years old). In any case I got myself PCI-GPIB and it works just fine. I think I'll stick to it.

While I'm at it even it's not related to this thread, why is it that a brand new PCI-GPIB card is shipped with NI-488 version 1.6 or 1.7?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,701 Views)