Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Basic DAQ Assist help (configured for analog output but does not take input)

I've searched the forums but haven't found a similar question. I'm trying to use an NI USB-6009 DAQ to output a steady analog signal voltage. Using DAQ Assist, I can configure the system to output the voltage, but it only outputs when I'm in the DAQ Assist configuration panel and I hit "Run." Also, the "triggering" tab is greyed out, if that makes any difference. The DAQ Assist doesn't have any external wire connections, so I can't connect it to a Boolean switch or any kind of input. Is this a problem with Labview (version 10) or is there a control toggle I'm missing?

Thanks,

Eli

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,599 Views)

Eli,

Thank you for using the National Instruments forums.  From looking at your question, it appears that the main problem here is that your DAQ Assistant doesn't generate any terminals after you configure it.  This can be caused by a conflict with Windows.  I found a knowledgebase article that deals with this issue.  I would first give this a try and see if it will generate the terminals for you.  Once the terminals are generated you will be able to output the signal that you need to.

I hope this helps,

Brian P.

Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,583 Views)