Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BNC2110 to Laptop for accelerometer PID controller

Hello, I am very new to this community and having a bit of trouble setting up a new device in my lab. I have a BNC2110 which I want to either (1) connect to a Desktop or (2) connect to a laptop in order to run a PID controller via LABview. Both options have caveats but I would rather use option (2) as it reduces the cost. Option (1) requires I buy a PCIe-6321 connector to properly run the DAQ board which is a large amount of money. The issue with (2) is that I am unable to find any way to connect a SHC68-68-EPM to a laptop. Any help would be greatly appreciated, if you believe that I am going about this the wrong way please let me know.

Thank you,

Ankur S

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(509 Views)

There are three components in most of the NI DAQ setup:

1. DAQ device: converting the signal to the computer data

2. Cable: connecting DAQ device and terminal block

3. Terminal block: exposing the pins for connection

BNC2110 is a terminal block, whereas SHC68-68-EPM is a cable. You would need a DAQ device to take the measurement. PCIe-6321 is not a connector but a DAQ device. 

Depending on your signal input range, resolution and sampling rate requirement, there are many options in Multifunction I/O. While USB DAQ might provide the cheapest and the easiest plug-and-plug experience, PCIe device provides much better performance as USB has a higher latency, and you might want to have low latency for PID control.

ZYOng_0-1684183680453.png

Figure from Instrument Bus Performance – Making Sense of Competing Bus Technologies for Instrument Control

Message 2 of 2
(489 Views)