From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BNC 2120 thermocouple CJC with M6289

Solved!
Go to solution

I am trying use my CJC of BNC-2120 thermocouple Ic sensor for temperature measurement,but I am not able to acquire it with M6289 mass terminator device.

Whenever I make labview program using DAQ assistant,using ai1 as physical channel and ai0 as temp ref for CJC(default in device),It is giving daq error that task is not specified.

I don't know what is the program whether 6289 can control temperature sensor directly or not.

Please assist me in this regard.

Regards

Anurag

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 12
(4,657 Views)

Do you have a specific error code for us?

Can you please post your code too.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 12
(4,643 Views)

Ya sure,please have look at attachments,error code is 200486

Thanks a lot for the reply....

Download All
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 12
(4,636 Views)

You need to configure the Build in CJC channel first and then select "Build In" at the DAQ Assistants configuration.

This is explained in this KB.

Christian

Message 4 of 12
(4,632 Views)

Hi Anurag,

could you solve the problem with this KB-Dokument?

Regards

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 12
(4,626 Views)

Hi christian,

This option of changing properties is not coming for M6289 mass terminator device,so I can't change its properties to enable the CJC reference..

Regards,

Anurag

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 12
(4,621 Views)

Anurag,

you have to be more specific with your explanations in order that we can help you!

I have absolutely no idea about what you mean with "this changing properties".

Another thing I want to be sure about is that we are talking about the same hardware. With "M6289 mass terminator" you are talking about a PCI/PXI/USB-6289 DAQ card, right?

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 7 of 12
(4,616 Views)

Hey Christian,

These are specifications for my equipment: NI 6289 USB High-Accuracy (Up to 625 kS/s, 32 Ch, 18-Bit)

http://sine.ni.com/nips/cds/view/p/lang/en/nid/209152-----> Link for device which I am using.

I have attached the JPEG picture of the device when I open my Measurement and Automation Explorer,You can have a look at it when I right click on my device,what options are coming out.

0 Kudos
Message 8 of 12
(4,611 Views)

The image shows that the device is not present anymore since shows up in MAX in white with a red cross. It should be green if it is installed correctly and connected to the system.

Christian

0 Kudos
Message 9 of 12
(4,608 Views)

Ya I know it not green because right now I am not in my office right so that's its not green.

By the way I got the way how to change settings.

Please check it once in the attachement if I got the right window or not.

0 Kudos
Message 10 of 12
(4,606 Views)