Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Availability and use of A/D conversion signals

I am using the USB 6251 and note there are various signals available on the 6251 relative to a/d conversion. Where do I find the definitions for these signals? Specifically I am looking for an end of conversion signal or a scheme to generate one without using the counters on board. I have the two counters committed.

CEK
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,813 Views)
Hi CEK,

The DIO channels on National Instruments M Series boards do not have a timing engine. You have to correlate them with another type of I/O. The a/d converters are strictly used only for analog I/O. Does this answer your question? I'm uncertain what you mean by "signals available on the 6251 relative to a/d conversion" and also by "end of conversion signal or a scheme to generate one".

Regards,
Ryan D.
District Sales Manager for Boston & Northern New England
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,790 Views)
HI Ryan, If I look at the M series manual which includes 6251 around pages 4-29, It appears there internal signal which can be routed out. Can any of these be used as an end of conversion signal? Especially, can they be routed under Signal Express or only under LV VI's?

Thanks for your follow up..

Chuck
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,788 Views)
Hi Chuck,

Internal signals, such as the analog timebase, can be exported through one of several PFI lines using a property node in LabVIEW. There is not way to do this using SignalExpress.

Regards,
Ryan D.
District Sales Manager for Boston & Northern New England
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,771 Views)