From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting to power USB-6003 OEM with LT3582EUD

I am trying to power a USB-6003 OEM with an LT3582EUD DC/DC converter. This configuration requires me to use the terminal on top of the device. I have the converter providing a +5v signal to VBUS(pin 16) and the converter ground going to D GND(pin 32). I capped the +5v from the USB cable and connected D+, D- and USB ground. When I connect the USB to a computer though, I can hear the DAQ continuously connecting and disconnecting from the laptop and the blue LED indicator light will not illuminate. When I use this same configuration but use a bench top DC power supply or an AC/DC converter such as a Mean Well IRM-05-5 to provide +5v & ground, the DAQ works perfectly fine. I need to use the LT3582 though because my application requires the LT3582 to be powered by a 4.2v lithioum ion battery. The attached scope image shows the +5v signal (yellow) and VBUS current signal (purple) that the LT3582 is providing to the DAQ. 

Has anyone had a similar issue and do you have means to fixing this? I am trying not to use the +5v wire in the USB cable because I wish to power the DAQ from a single clean reliable source instead of from different laptop/computers which could have noisy supplies.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(1,830 Views)

Hi SGilis101,

Is the current draw the same when you use a power supply as you see when you are using the converter?

Best,

Claire C.
AppSW Staff Product Support Engineer
National Instruments
CLD|CTD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(1,766 Views)