Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Attempting to Recompile Kernel with DAQ Software

Solved!
Go to solution

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask this, but I don't see anywhere that would be more appropriate. 

I'm running NI-DAQmx Base 15.0.0 on Scientific Linux 6.X with Kernel version 

3.0.80-rt108. However, I discovered that we left out a couple of kernel features when compiling the kernel the first time so I'm wanting to reconfigure and rebuild my kernel.

However, when I attempt to re-build and install my kernel the last step (make install) breaks with the following lines: 

[root@<machine name> linux-3.0.80]# make install

sh /root/linux_source/linux-3.0.80/arch/x86/boot/install.sh 3.0.80-rt108-7-28-27 arch/x86/boot/bzImage \

System.map "/boot"

ERROR: modinfo: could not find module nimxdfk

ERROR: modinfo: could not find module nipxirmk

ERROR: modinfo: could not find module nidimk

ERROR: modinfo: could not find module nimdbgk

ERROR: modinfo: could not find module niorbk

ERROR: modinfo: could not find module nipalk

ERROR: modinfo: could not find module nikal

It appears that when I rebuilt the kernel and modules the NI modules were not included. Does anyone know how to either add them to the path to get installed by "make modules_install"? Would uninstalling the drivers and reinstalling after i upgrade the kernel be best?

Thanks,

James

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,556 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author james.orr

The Errors didn't actually break the installation. I was just letting me know it couldn't re-compile those modules for the new kernel in that compile (since I don't have source code). I re-installed with the new kernel and everything is good.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,509 Views)