From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

At-ao-6 buffered output time lag

I am trying to output small sections of a large waveform (43000 samples) in small 20 sample chunks out to three outputs.
The reason that I am doing this is to have the ability start writing zeros to any one of three outputs if a limit occurs.
For an example, in the attached file is a toggle switch on the front panel that causes the outputs to output zero volts. What I noticed is that it took over 20 seconds for this to happen. I hoped that this would occur in the next iteration of the while loop.
If I use this same example with an E series board with AO Parameter set at FIFO empty and FIFO Transfer condition all works as plan. With the modified example on the at-ao-6 board I get an error stateing that the board does not sup
port these parameters.
My question is since the at-ao-6 board does not have parmeters in its instruction set that there is no way to redirect the FIFO transfer on this board. Also would there be any other work around to accomplish what I need.
Thanks
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,187 Views)
Hello;

Unfortunately, that task can only be accomplished on E-series boards.
Regards
Filipe A.
Applications Engineer
National Instruments
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,187 Views)