From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Application shutdown with UPS....

My application is written using LV6i. I am also using a UPS (that has it's own software for managing the shutdown of windows). In the event of a power failure, the UPS supplies battery back-up power to the computer for 3 minutes. After 3 minutes, the UPS software shuts windows down, along with my application. 

Right now, the shutdown sequence kills my application, and all unsaved and open files are lost.

Is there any way that I can be informed by windows that it's about to shutdown my application so that I may save data and close all files before windows closes my application?

Thanks in advance.

Dave
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,647 Views)
Hello,

Perhaps you can read a Windows dll to check whether or not the battery or the UPS is supplying power, or monitor or poll the UPS software for the state of the power supply.  In LabVIEW you would use the call library function node to call the dll function.  I am not familiar with using a UPS or corresponding software, so I can't speculate as to other options for "messaging" such information from a UPS to the OS or a programming environment like LabVIEW.

Best Regards,

JLS
Best,
JLS
Sixclear
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,627 Views)