From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog trigger with time information

Solved!
Go to solution

I am using PXi-6133 to capture analogue signals (8 differential channels) at the rate of 2 MS/s. I am able to capture the data and log into file using TDMS log function. However, processing the data takes too long time as the total data is about 300 MB (for 2 cards / 16 channels, 10 seconds acquisition period).

In order to reduce the amount of data, I am thinking of just sample the data when it is within a range of voltage that I can specify (eg, sample channel 1 when the signal is below 1V), sample channel 2 when the signal is below 1V, etc). I am able to implement analog trigger, but it does not tell me when the event occur (eg, there may be multiple triggers and I need to know when does the trigger happen eg at 1.0001s, 2.1222s etc).

Could anyone shed some light on this?

Thank you.

KT

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(2,794 Views)

Hello KT,

I am unsure how you intend to implement your analogue trigger? This is not possible at a hardware level with DAQmx? You could use software to gate when you log data and then use a get time VI to record when this occurs.

This aside, one suggestion is to read a waveform data type. This will log the waveform start time and include the Waveform increment, from this information the separate trigger times could be calculated.

Let me know your thoughts and if my suggestion is any use.

Nick
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(2,776 Views)

Hi Nick,

The analogue trigger is possible by configuring DAQmx Trigger (Start > Analogue High or Low or Window). I managed to modify from example code, but my application requires to monitor 2 analogue signals to trigger acquisition. When I copy the code and configure to trigger from another channel, it will give me an error.The waveform method works for me.

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(2,771 Views)

Hi,

Sorry but I'm not sure I understand, are you still having an issue or are your problems solved at this point?

Nick
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(2,768 Views)

Hi Nick,

It's partially solved. Anyway, I have some ideas to use additional hardware circuit to solve it. Thanks for your time.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(2,758 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author KTChiam

Great, no worries, I hope everything goes well.

Nick
0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(2,756 Views)