From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog trigger based upon quadrature pulse?

I want to take analog samples every micron.  I have a 0.1 micron linear encoder.  Can someone show me an example of how to setup a trigger to take continuous samples on the analog channel(s) based upon every 10 encoder pulses.  I want to use the quadrature input instead of the simple pulse with edge counting to eliminate any issue of vibrations causing the encoder to move backwards a few ticks.
Thanks,
Michael
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,551 Views)

Hi Michael,

I cannot think of a way to hardware trigger the analog input operation off of a encoder task.  The only way I can think of to do it is to use the count edges task, as you mentioned.  Can you do the polling for 10 microns in software and then either call the start task to start the analog input operation or perhaps write to a digital line and use this as a trigger for the analog input operation?  This is all that I can come up with.

Regards,

Laura

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,524 Views)