From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog outputs in USB 6009 are pegged to a value - Inputs work fine -Help!!

Hi,

My USB6009 card works fine for acquisition in all channels. However, the two analog outputs have become pegged to fixed voltage values (Ao0: 2.1120V, Ao1: 0.2449V). These voltages do not change even when I change them in the MAX test panels.

Self-test in MAX does not give me any errors, so I am stumped. Any ideas of what might be happening?

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,812 Views)

Hi Robernal,

What version of DAQmx are you using? This sounds like behavior that would require an RMA but I would first like to make sure that you are using a version of DAQmx later than 9.3. How long ago did you purchase the device?

Regards,

Basil Beirouti

Applications Engineering
National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,784 Views)

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am using DAQMX 8.9. I purchased the device about 2 years ago. I actually tested with a borrowed card of the same model and it works, which makes me think my card output terminals are gone.

Thanks,

Rodrigo

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,774 Views)

Hi Rodrigo,

I would advise you to upgrade to DAQmx 9.3 and make sure that you're still seeing the same behavior. Most likely this your device needs to be repaired and you can call us at 1-866-ASK-MYNI. Your service request is 1998121. We can put you through to what we call an RMA co-ordinator who can further assist you with the repair process.

Regards,

Basil Beirouti

Applications Engineering

National Instruments

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,754 Views)