From 04:00 PM CDT – 08:00 PM CDT (09:00 PM UTC – 01:00 AM UTC) Tuesday, April 16, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog output intermittant

I am using a PXI-2630 DAQ card. Is there a possibility that when the card is commanded for a certain output (DC voltage) that it will output a different voltage? We had a situation where an analog output of 8.3 Vdc was commanded on the DAQ card but the input to another device was showing 9.28Vdc. Just checkinig to see the card could intermittantly output something other than what was commanded. Thanks, Jeff.

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,856 Views)
There is no such thing as a PXI-2630 DAQ card. From NI, there is the TB-2630 terminal block for a switch matrix device. Please check again as to what you are actually using.
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,849 Views)

My Bad. PXI-6230

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,832 Views)
I've never seen an intermittent problem with any of the DAQ devices but I don't recall if I've ever used that particular one. Have you double checked the physical connections? Are you using the channel single ended or differential? What version of DAQmx and what programming language? Have you tried using the test panel in MAX?
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,828 Views)

Thanks for the quick response. It is single ended. I have checked all the connections. All is good there. Labview is being used to command the card. I am putting together a fault tree. The problem has only occured once and I am not familiar enough with the DAQ circuitry to say with any level of confidence that this issue cannot manifest itself. Does the card have good ground isolation and noise reduction circutry in that noise could not cause a shift in the output? Trying to exonerate this card as being a potential culprit.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,824 Views)

Hello Jeff,

Receiving a higher output is not an expected behavior.

Did you see this 9.28 Vdc directly at the DAQ card output or at the other device?

There might be a mismatch between both devices.

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,770 Views)