From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog output incorrect values

Hi,

I am using NI-USB 6259 bnc multifunctional DAQ device. There seems to be a problem by the ao pin values. It goes only from -2.5+2.5 volts when giving -10 to +10 in the test panel. This is the same for all 4 BNC outputs. I think for this reason the device was marked as broken by a colleague in our lab but when I took it it was working just fine for a while. Could anyone have any idea about the problem and possible solution?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(1,035 Views)

That sounds like a problem I was having with my PXIe-6361's analog outputs. On mine, the outputs were limited to -3.3 to +3.3V even if I set the output to +10 or -10. I discovered that the board was also reporting the wrong ambient temperature in NI MAX. I ended up sending the board into NI for repair. I actually got it back this morning. The repair note says they changed the power supply and everything appears to work now.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(931 Views)

Dear mj051,

Thanks for your reply. Indeed what you explained here is pretty much similar to my case. I was getting also reports on the wrong temperature plus I was suspicious that there might be something with the power supply as the one in use is not an original one. I think it is not worth sending my device for repair as it is quite old already. I will, however, try a dedicated power supply if I find it in the labs to see whether that solves the problem.  

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(913 Views)

Hi,

Do you tried with a dedicated power supply? 

Did this solve the problem?

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(856 Views)

I sent my device to NI for repair. NI replaced the power supply on the PXIe-6361 board. I got my PXIe-6361 back and everything appears to work.

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(853 Views)