Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog input/output for DAQPad 6020E (BNC version)?

I am using the DAQPad 6020E (BNC version) which is the pad with 30 wire terminals.  I would like to connect a load cell to it and read that into LavVIEW 6.1.  I have read the online help files that define what the 30 pins are but it describes it mainly for the 68 pin version, not the 30.  I don't understand what PFI1 through PFI9 and P0.0 throught P0.7 are.  If anyone can provide some help, I'd really appreciate it.
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(2,532 Views)
Hi Cutter,

You said that you need to connect a load cell to a DAQPad-6020E (BNC).  With a load cell you should have 4 wires.
  1. Power +
  2. Sense +
  3. Sense -
  4. Power-
I did a little searching and I found the pinout information for your device in the E Series Help (User Manual and Specifications).  From this I was able to search for '6020E' and selected I/O Connector Pinouts and found the 30-pin connector that you find on your BNC device.  You should connect the lines as follows:
  1. Pin 26 or 28 (+5 V)
  2. Analog Input Channel X
  3. Analog Input Channel X+8
  4. Pin 30 or 19 (Digital Ground)
These connections should allow you to measure the differential voltage produced by the load cell, and thereby find the load on the device.

You also asked about PFI lines and what P0.0 through P0.7 mean. 

PFI lines are Programmable Function Input, can be used as trigger lines, counter lines, counter gates, etc. 

P0.X means Port 0 Line X.  Those are the digital lines which can be used in digital input and output operations.

I hope this information helps. 

Have fun looking at your signals,
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(2,523 Views)