Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog in-out doesn't work

My analog input output doesn't work, I downloaded the DAQ Diagnostic Utility 2.0 and this is the result:

05/01/2010 11:36:00

Results saved to:  C:\Documents and Settings\Automatizacion\Escritorio\Diagnostic Results.txt

Selected Device: Dev1

Device Type: PCI-6036E

Serial Number: D1F2CA

Device Support: (PASS)

NI-DAQmx Version: 9.0 (PASS)

Device Reset: (PASS)

WARNING:  Your device has not been self-calibrated.  For best resuts, it is recommended that you self-calibrate the device.

Running Calibration ...   FAILED for the following reason: 

Error -200329 occurred at DAQmx Self Calibrate.vi:1

Possible reason(s):

An error has occurred while attempting to configure the device for an analog input acquisition.

If an external master timebase is being used, make sure the source is connected and generating an appropriate clock. Otherwise, contact National Instruments Technical Support.

-------------------- Testing Counters... --------------------

Testing CTR Buffered Pulse Generation...   (PASS)

Testing CTR Single Pulse Generation...   (PASS)

-------------------- Testing Analog Input... --------------------

Testing AI Ground Reference...   (FAIL)

************ Test FAILED for the following reason ************

Error -200329 occurred at DAQmx Start Task.vi:1

Possible reason(s):

An error has occurred while attempting to configure the device for an analog input acquisition.

If an external master timebase is being used, make sure the source is connected and generating an appropriate clock. Otherwise, contact National Instruments Technical Support.

Testing AI Voltage Reference...   (FAIL)

Possible reason(s):

Testing AI Finite Sample Clock...   (FAIL)

Error -200329 occurred at DAQmx Control Task.vi:1

Possible reason(s):

Testing AI Finite Sample Clock Frequency...   (FAIL)

Possible reason(s):

-------------------- Testing Analog Output... --------------------

Testing AO Finite Sample Clock...   (PASS)

Testing AO Finite Sample Clock Frequency...   (PASS)

Testing AO Single Point...   (FAIL)

Error -200329 occurred at DAQmx Read (Analog 1D DBL 1Chan NSamp).vi:1

Possible reason(s):

Testing AO Accuracy...   (FAIL)

Possible reason(s):

-------------------- Testing Digital IO... --------------------

Testing DIO Lines...   (PASS)

Testing DIO Ports...   (PASS)

----- DIAGNOSTIC TEST COMPLETE -----

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 6
(3,771 Views)

Hello Bobina,

So what error do you receive if you try running an analog output test panel in Measurement and Automation Explorer (MAX)?  Also, are you able to run an analog input test panel in MAX?  Does your device pass the self-test in MAX, and did you change anything recently before receiving this error?

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 6
(3,739 Views)
I'm not able to run any analog test,  the error is this:
Error-200329
If an external master timebase is being used, make sure the source is connected an generating an appropriate clock. Otherwise, contact NI TS .
I didn't change anything before receiving this error. I've never used the analog in-out before. And it passed the self-test in MAX
Thank you

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 6
(3,733 Views)

Bobina,

So is this card fairly new?  Have you tried moving the card to a different PCI slot in your PC, or possibly a different computer?  It looks like you have the latest version of the DAQmx driver, but you can also try repairing the driver from the Control Panel in Windows.  Other than that you may need to look into having your card sent in for repair.  Let me know how it goes after moving the card/repairing the driver.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 6
(3,696 Views)

Thank you Brandon,

I already tried in 3 diferent computers w/ 3 diferent O.S., Win XP, Vista and Win 7. I bought the DAQ Card last november and I never used, because I just bought the accesories. How should I proceed to send my card for repair?

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 6
(3,691 Views)

Hello again,

You can call our customer service number at 1-800-531-5066 and just let them know that you would like to have your card sent in for repair.  They will make sure that you speak with the appropriate group.

Regards,

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 6
(3,657 Views)