From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog Signal Glitching

Hello all,

I`m using LabView with a myDAQ Student Data Aquisiton Device to generate an audio signal (sinus wave at different frequencies and amplitudes) and to record the played tone in a chamber. I managed to configure the VI and was able to make measurements for frequencies from 0 Hz to 500 Hz in 10 Hz steps. Everything is automated, so when I start the VI, it changes automatically the frequencies after 10s and in parallel it measures the signals from two microphones and loggs the data as TDMS-file. 

Now to the problem: I want to reduce the frequency steps to 5 Hz, so that I have a better resolution. When the frequency is not a multiple of 10, you can hear like a "click" in the played tone, which of course is not desired. I connected the audio output of the myDAQ device to an oscilloscope and I saw, at frequencies that are not a multiple of 10, parts of the output signal appearing and disapearing next to the continuous sinus curve. I suspect, that the problem is connected to the samples and rates of both the Simulate Signal and the DAQ Assistant blocks but after trying different combinations of Samples to Write and Rates and not managing to make it work, I don't have any other idea than to ask for help. 

As I am relatively new to LabView, I have to admit that I don't fully understand the "Samples to Write" and "Rate" configurations and how to set them up. 

Attached you can find my VI.

I would really appreciate any help or advice!

Kind regards,

Mihai

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 1
(495 Views)