Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Analog Output Voltage Limit - NI USB 6363

I have a NI USB 6363 and the output voltage on one of the analog outputs (ao2) has a limited range between +/- 200mV. If I send an output voltage between +/- 200mV it will output the correct value. If I send an output voltage larger than +/- 200mV, the output is 200mV (+/- depending on the sign of the requested output voltage). The three other analog outputs (ao0, ao1, ao3) supply the proper voltage provided < +/-10V. 

This seems like there is a range limit setting on ao2. I realized this issue when controlling the DAQ in python and tried restarting python and reconnecting to the DAQ. I tried opening NI MAX software and entering the test panel, the range limit on ao2 is seemingly correctly set to +/- 10V, but the issue persists. Also tried power cycling the DAQ. 

Any ideas or suggestions here as to either how to try to adjust some range limit setting (even though NI Max tells me it is +/-10V) or what else the issue may be?

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 2
(723 Views)

If using NI MAX test panels, you could not generate the +/-10V despite setting the correct min-max values, I would suspect a damaged AO channel. There is no settings that the Test Panel or DAQmx APIs could not configure or override (except for some calibration factors).

I believe, there is a MUX or attenuator that sets the Vref of the DAC and it is stuck at the 200mV range and does not switch to higher-value despite configuring.

Santhosh
Soliton Technologies

New to the forum? Please read community guidelines and how to ask smart questions

Only two ways to appreciate someone who spent their free time to reply/answer your question - give them Kudos or mark their reply as the answer/solution.

Finding it hard to source NI hardware? Try NI Trading Post
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 2
(717 Views)