Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Am I doing right with Agilent 34970A-34901A continuous temperature and pressure measurement ?

Hi all,

At the end I succeeded to prepare a working vi without errors to measure temperature and pressure simultaneously but I have doubts about this program. I attached the vi and the data that were acquired by this vi. Even I adjusted it to take 1 measurement for each channel in a sec, when I looked the txt file that I saved all data in it shows the time different. It seems that the device took one mesurement from each channel sometimes in a second sometimes in 2 seconds. I could do not understand this and really do not know what is the reason of it. I chosen the "flow control" option as "XON/XOFF". Am I doing it in the right way?

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 1 of 5
(3,206 Views)

Replace your Wait Until Next ms Multiple with a regular Wait (ms) function. Read the help on the wait until next multiple.

The sequence structure is not needed and all of those back and forth conversions between arrays and clusters seems unnecessary.

p.s. And please, post this sort of question to the correct board. This is for NI DAQ products.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 5
(3,200 Views)

I have never tried "wait" function in this vi but I will do it. I used many conversions of array to cluster (and vice versa) to plot the data acquired from each channel separately.Output of the temperature EZ scan vi is a 1D array and this array includes 20 thermocouple outputs sequentially. The first conversion was used to separate (unbundle) outputs for each measurement in time. I mean to observe the temperature values acquired from each channel, these array to cluster conversions were used.  Is there any other way to do this? I will also try to run it without sequence frame. I really did not care where I wrote this thread. Sorry for this. Thanks for your help.

@Dennis_Knutson wrote:

Replace your Wait Until Next ms Multiple with a regular Wait (ms) function. Read the help on the wait until next multiple.

The sequence structure is not needed and all of those back and forth conversions between arrays and clusters seems unnecessary.

p.s. And please, post this sort of question to the correct board. This is for NI DAQ products.

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 3 of 5
(3,191 Views)

The wiring is a bit confusing but for an example, when you read the pressures, you could have used a single Index Array function on the 1D array returned by the Agilent EZ current instead of the Array to Bundle and then an immediate Unbundle.

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 5
(3,187 Views)

Ok I got it (I modified the vi as you said. Did I understand you?). But could I have used a different way to constitute multiplot charts in the first frame of sequential frame (temperature measurement side)?

Egemen
0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
(3,184 Views)