From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adquiring analog and digital signals with PCI6143

Hi, I am using a PCI6143, that is a simultaneos adquiring signals to reading AC voltages and currents. Now I need to read an aditional unmoduled IRIGB signal (see fig or. ), but I do not have analog inputs availables. Is possible to read thois kind of signal (0 or 5 Volts) using digital input, like a wave form (value& time)? if the answer is yes, is this signal synchroinized (simultaneus reading) with the analog signals reading?

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 4
(2,367 Views)

Hello joengomez,

The signal you are trying to acquire is the red one? or the green one? You could acquire the red one and store it as a waveform type. You can sync both the digital input and analog input tasks using triggers and sharing sample clocks by using the DAQmx VI's.

Fernando Becerra | Field Applications Engineer | National Instruments | CLA | CTD
0 Kudos
Message 2 of 4
(2,302 Views)

Thanks Fernando.

It is the red one. Could you indicate me how to use triggers and share sample clocks to sync both signals?

Be regards,

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
(2,297 Views)

sample program link

bp
0 Kudos
Message 4 of 4
(2,291 Views)