From Friday, April 19th (11:00 PM CDT) through Saturday, April 20th (2:00 PM CDT), 2024, ni.com will undergo system upgrades that may result in temporary service interruption.

We appreciate your patience as we improve our online experience.

Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquiring voltage using NI 9219

Solved!
Go to solution

Hello,

I am using an LVDT sensor (DS1000SUH) connected to an AC LVDT Conditioner Module (5M30), to measure displacements. I am trying to read the output voltages using an NI 9219 inside of a cDAQ-9171. However the voltage measurements I am getting are extremely small (on the order of uV). When I use the same setup connected to an oscilloscope, I get proper voltage readings (between -3.5V and +3.5V). Does anyone know why this is? I am using SignalExpress to acquire the voltage readings. I have the positive input signal (HI) connected to pin 4 and the negative input signal (LO) connected to pin 5 as indicated in the user manual. Any help is appreciated.

Cheers,

Duncan

0 Kudos
Message 1 of 3
(2,869 Views)

Hi Duncan,

Are you able to read the data using a test panel in MAX? As well, have you set the input range according to the signal you're expecting?

Justin

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 3
(2,777 Views)
Solution
Accepted by topic author dpawson

Hi Justin,

When I use MAX I get the same output. I have set the input range to the signal I am expecting.

I tried switching the channels I was using and I actually get a proper signal when using channels ai2 and ai3, however not for channels ai0 and ai1. So, I suspect it is a malfunction in the hardware. The strange thing is, that I used channel ai0 not long ago for pressure measurements in the full bridge setup and it worked fine. Also, although I am not receiving the signal I expect on channel ai1, I do receive a signal that corresponds to displacement of my LVDT sensor, it is just several magnitudes off and not properly calibrated. The signal I receive on channel ai0 doesn’t correspond to displacement of my LVDT sensor at all. I am going to try another NI 9219 module and see if I get similar results.

Cheers,

Duncan

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 3
(2,766 Views)