Multifunction DAQ

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Acquire generated signal with this hardware ?

Is there a way to trigger a one shot with a duration greater than 5 ms?

I saw my father do some work on a car once as a kid and I asked him "How did you know how to do that?" He responded "I didn't, I had to figure it out."
0 Kudos
Message 21 of 30
(2,839 Views)

The 9751 RevF device driver is limited internally to a 5ms pulsewidth for all conditions to protect the module.  In special cases, this limit can be extended if the method of operation is deemed acceptable by NI Powertrain Controls.  Please contact NI Applications Engineering for more information.

Message 22 of 30
(2,824 Views)

HI,

I have done it however not getting anything. 

0 Kudos
Message 23 of 30
(2,766 Views)

HI, 

Did you find a way to trigger more than 5 ms? 

Message 24 of 30
(2,673 Views)

Please generate a service request with NI Applications Engineering. After submitting your request, please have answers to the following questions ready at your disposal:

What are the current and voltage profiles you are trying to command from the NI 9751?

At what frequency do you want to run the module?

At what duty cycle do you want to run the module?

How many channels do you plan to use per module?

How many pulses per engine revolution do you plan to use?

0 Kudos
Message 25 of 30
(2,661 Views)

Hello,

Thank you for your reply, however, how could I generate a service request to NI engineers. I have been contacting to the local NI engineers, where we have purchased several NI modules and two NI CRIOs, but not much help getting from them. 

0 Kudos
Message 26 of 30
(2,630 Views)

Can you post the answers to the questions I asked? Also, you can email powertraincontrolsinfo@ni.com for more information.

0 Kudos
Message 27 of 30
(2,596 Views)

Hi,

At first, I would like to thank you for your reply and interest. 

The thing is, I do not have certain requirements yet. 

However, I am going to use one channel per module with Frequency up to 100 Hz, most probably 50% duty cycle and I know that per engine cycle (considering the fact that engine cycle in the simulation can be 2 or 4 strokes) I can have up to 5 pulses with max 5 ms each. I would like to learn how to change the duration up to 50 ms. What are the current and voltage profiles I could command from the NI 9751? 

0 Kudos
Message 28 of 30
(2,580 Views)

Hi @Andrewpolk

Continues your above message.

If I want to monitor the injection profile in a real-time event. we could use typically a differential voltage probes and current probes and connect to a NI 9222 or NI9223. 

My questions: Do I need a DC/DC converter from high voltage to low voltage for connecting to NI? since the solenoid injector output voltage may achieve 190 V and NI input voltage is +- 10 V.

In addition, if I just want to capture injector voltage. do I need to use a current probe also?

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Message 29 of 30
(1,615 Views)
0 Kudos
Message 30 of 30
(1,599 Views)